There are many different types of search engines. The most common are HTTP-based search engines which index, categorize and store websites and web pages on the Internet.
WHAT IS SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)?
Search engine optimization is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic on your website through organic search engine results.
- Quality of traffic: you can attract all the people in the world, but if people are visiting your site because GOOGLE tells them that you’re a resource of apple computers but really you’re a farmer selling apples, i.e. not quality traffic .Instead you want to attract visitor who are genuinely interested in products that you offer.
- Quantity of traffic: As the right people start clicking through that search engine results (ranking) pages we get more traffic.
Now let’s take a look, at the top 10 search engines in the world.
Thousands of people misunderstand Google as the internet browser, but Google is a search engine. Out of the billions of searches daily, almost 70% of the searches are through the Google search engine.
- Chrome is an extremely fast web browser; it loads and displays pages very quickly.
- You can drag tabs out into separate windows, without difficulty, and back in again with your mouse.
- Google Chrome has a very basic, simple design, making it easy to use.
- The start-up page lists the most frequent pages
- you’ve visited and allows you to click and access them with ease.
- Chrome automatically translates pages into a language you understand for your convenience.
- You can search the internet through your address bar at any time.
- If a site crashes on one of your tabs, other open tabs will not be affected.
- You may browse the internet without being logged using Chrome’s new private feature: Incognito.
- Unlike Firefox and Safari, you can alter the colour and theme of the browser.
- Chrome is faster than Explorer and Firefox.
- Chrome takes only seconds to install.
Chrome uses up a lot of memory (RAM) when running it.
If you accidentally close the browser, Chrome will close all the tabs opened without warning.
How do I submit my website or URL to GOOGLE?
step 1.Go to Google Search Console, sign into your Google account and you should see a page something like this.
step 2. Now click the red button to add your website or add a property.
step 3. Once you’ve clicked the button to add your site, just type your website URL in the box and please make sure you enter your complete URL.
step 4.Click the blue add button to continue, and your website will be submitted.
Bing is the web search engine owned and operated by Microsoft. The service has its origins in Microsoft’s previous search engines: MSN Search, Windows Live Search and later live search.
- More relevant and accurate search results.
- Cleaner appearance makes browsing easier.
- Search history in view.
- Brief simple descriptions.
- Fancy background with images but slow loading.
- Does not have scientific notation like Google.
- Does not display broadly related topics.
How do I submit my website or URL to BING?
There is two ways to submit your URL in BING.
1. It is the simplest way to submit your URL, enter your website or webpage you wish to submit.
2. And click on the submit button.
Or you can also use BING
webmaster tool to submit URL:
1. Log into Bing Webmaster Tools.
2. Type your website into the Add a Site box and click Add.
Google & BING are the only two search engines you really need to worry while submitting.And I also remind you that You don’t need to submit in Yahoo because Yahoo uses Bing search results.
Yahoo was the original search giant, when it first launched back in the 1990’s. But Yahoo has a significant share of search results, in 2011 Yahoo plan to give up its own search technology and be “powered” by rival BING, which is owned by Microsoft.
- Has the most storage for free.
- Saves hard drive space.
- Can chat without downloading anything.
- Keeps your notes in safe place.
- Has free calendar functionality.
- Contain lots of ads.
- It doesn’t have grouped emails.
- Removal of the save button.
Ask.com is a question answering-focused e-business and web search engine founded in 1996 by Garrett gruener and David warthen.
- We can get quick answers and general ideas.
- It has simple receiver design.
- Its offer high bandwidth efficiency.
- It offers lower power efficiency.
- Anyone can edit them, and often they are inaccurate answers.
AOL was one of the early pioneers of the internet in the mid 1990’s, and the most recognized brand on the web in the United States. It originally provided a dial-up service to millions of Americans. AOL is still in the top 10 search engine with a market share that is close to 0.04%. The network includes many popular websites like engadget.com, techcrunch.com, huffingtonpost.com.
- AOL is an easy and fun to use email experience.
- We can beautify and enrich emails with stationery, mail arts, banners and many more.
- AOL offers no filters, smart folders or labels to categorize mail.
- No support for secure messaging is built into AOL.
Baidu, inc. was founded on 18th Jan 2000, is a Chinese Multinational technology company specializing in internet-related services and product. It was established by Robin li and Eric Xu. Baidu is currently ranked 4th overall in the Alexa internet ranking, it has the 2nd the largest search engine in the world and held a 76.05% market share in China’s search engine market.
- Baidu Browser offers many services which range from Baidu Encyclopaedia, Baidu Government Information Search, Baidu Games, Baidu Space, Baidu Patent Search, Baidu Youa, Baidu Yi and Qunar, So, It is more than a search Engine.
- Baidu uses Google playbook, the company has been leveraging its search business to move into the other market segments like video , mobile apps & music, Baidu has its own browser.
- Baidu Browser does not protect software updates with code signatures in Windows & Android versions; So, The in-path malicious actor could cause the application to download and execute the arbitrary code, representing a significant security risk.
How do I submit my url to baidu?
Step 1: Baidu allows adding a site in Chinese through Baidu Webmaster Tools account·
Step 2 A site required to be submitted only once with the homepage URL, it will automatically include all other pages of your site.·
step 3. As far as we checked, at this point, Baidu only allows mobile registration with the local mainland China phone number. No email registration is accepted.
WOLFRAMALPHA is a computational knowledge engine or answer engine developed by wolfram alpha LLC, a subsidiary of wolfram research. It was released on May 18th 2009. It consists of toolkits for computer algebra, symbolic and numerical computation, visualization, and statistics.
- Answer is given to the query based on the curate data, Unlike search engines.
- A better approach, than search engines, which save times.
- Backed by some of the most advance super computers on Earth, it can easily be used for solving mathematical problems, and other type queries not possible with search engines.
- One most disadvantage of alpha ha relative to search engines is that everything must be put in comparison to search engines, they might something give an answer on the links suggested by Search engines.
- It also reduces the scope of gathering of detailed information as the result shown in this in structured format.
DUCKDUCKGO protects your search privacy by avoiding filter bubble of personalized search results. DuckDuckGo distinguishes itself from our search engine by not profiling its users and by deliberately showing all users the same search results for the given search terms. It was established on 25th Sep 2008 by Gabriel Weinberg.
- DuckDuckGo does not collect any information about the user, no search history, IP address or cookies. It also uses points to encrypted version (HTTPS) of websites. So, that’s an added security.
- It has an option in advanced settings that the user can opt to have ad-free searches.
- The problem with DuckDuckGo is that it’s not complete.
- It’s just one search engine
9. INTERNET ARCHIVE:
The Internet Archive is a non-profit digital library with the stated mission of universal access to all knowledge. It provides free public access to collection of digitized materials, including websites, software application/games, music, movies/videos, moving ban images, and nearly 3 million public-domain books. It was established on 12th may 1996 by Brewster Kahle.
Yandex.ru is a multinational corporation specializing in internet-related services and product. It is an AI company that provides search and information services, e-commerce, transportation, navigation, and other mobile application in addition to offering online advertising. It is ranked 4th
in Russia according to Alexa. It was established in 1987 by Arkady Volozh, Arkady Borkovsky, and Ilya Segalovich.
Finally, after reading this article, you have got to know about the best classic search engines in the world. All of the information given here is written in such a way that anyone can easily understand the pros and cons of some of the popular search engines. If you’ve liked the information in this article then kindly enlighten others by sharing it on social media.